HG2 SEEKS RUNWAY MODELS
Chic sportswear designer, Deborah Williams has got some awesome shows and events coming up and she is currently seeking female, male and child runway models for upcoming shows and events. Hereâ€™s the rundown...
Have you got a flair for fashion? Think youâ€™ve got what it takes to blaze up the runways? Hereâ€™s your chance to show what youâ€™ve got! Chic sportswear designer, Deborah Williams has got some awesome shows and events coming up and she is currently seeking female, male and child runway models for upcoming shows and events. Hereâ€™s the rundown:
1) Saturday, June 10th - The Community Marketplace will take place in the Black Rock section of Bridgeport at the Black Rock Art Center, 2838 Fairfield Avenue, Bridgeport, CT. from 10 am to 5 pm. Her Game 2 Apparel will be available for purchase.
2) Tuesday, June 13th - There is an Open-Call Audition for Adult Aspiring Models for HARLEM WEEK Fashion Shows. So, if you are an aspiring model, or know someone who is, have them come to the Adam Clayton Powell Federal Building on W. 125th St., Harlem, NY from 6 to 8 pm. ID is required, photos, and heels for walking, Males and Females.
3) Saturday, June 17th - The MICA Fashion Show for the deaf at CROBAR - HG2 Apparel will be featured during this show. (Please call CROBAR, 530 W. 28th - btwn 10th & 11th Ave. / Please call for start time: (212) 629 - 9000).
4) Tuesday, June 20th - There will be a second Open-Call Audition for Aspiring Adult Male & Female Models. ID is required, photos, and heels for walking are required. Auditions are again at the Adam Clayton Powell Federal Building on W. 125th St., Harlem, NY from 6 to 8 pm. NOTE: THERE WILL ALSO BE AUDITIONS FOR ASPIRING CHILD MODELS/Please visit, www.harlemdiscover.com, for dates and times of those auditions.
5) Friday, July 30th - The Grant's Tomb Park / HARLEM WEEK Fashion Show. Deborah Williams serves as Executive Fashion Director for the HARLEM WEEK shows that will feature some of the Tri-State area's top Fashion Designers including designs from Deborah Williams' HG2 Line. The Park is located on Riverside Drive at W. 122nd Street. Please call HG2 for times closer to event date.
6) Tuesday, July 18th - There is an Open-Call Audition for aspiring Child Models. Parents, ID is required at the Adam Clayton Powell Federal Building on W. 125th St., Harlem, NY from 6 to 8 pm.
7) Wednesday, July 19th - HG2 presents a College Scholarship to an aspiring Fashion Student at Gracie Mansion, East End Avenue @ 88th St., NY. Check with HG2 for times closer to event.
8) Friday, July 28th - HARLEM WEEK Dedication at the Empire State Building, 350 5th Avenue, NY. Dedication starts at 9 am.
9) Saturday, July 29th - Cafe` Bahiya is presenting its Annual Beach Party, featuring the sizzling swimwear of Bernard Moore of Bathouse (featured on BET's "Rip The Runway"). Her Game 2 Productions will serve as Show Producers. Cafe` Bahiya is located at, 320 Greenwich Ave., Stamford, Ct. Please call for showtime: (203) 967 - 3477.
10) Saturday, July 29th - HARLEM WEEK'S "Joints R Jumpin", will take place at various Harlem venues. There will be a Salute to the HARLEM WEEK Fashion Committee at one of the venues. Please call the Greater Harlem Chamber of Commerce for more details: 212 - 862 - 7200.
11) Wednesday, August 2nd - Sunrise Assisted Living Center Fundraiser for the Alzheimer's Association. For information and tickets, call: Cherry or Jennifer at: 203 - 968 - 8393. Residents will model clothing from HG2 and a hat designer. Dinner will be served at 6 pm.
12) Tuesday, August 15th - Senior Citizens Hat Show at the National Black Theater, 2031 5th Ave., Harlem, NY btwn. 125th and 126th Streets. For more information please call the Greater Harlem Chamber of Commerce at: 212 - 862 - 7200.
13) Sunday, August 20th - HARLEM WEEK / Children's Fashion Show (Very Cute!) at the YMCA on 135th Street in Harlem, NY. Call for Showtime as we get closer to the event.
14) Friday, September 8th - Back To School Jam, Bloomfield, Ct. See HG2 Website: www.hergame2, for details. HG2 Apparel will be available for purchase.
15) Monday, September 11th - Harem Week Finale` / "Harlem's In Vogue" at the Marriott Marquis, 1535 Broadway. Please call the Greater Harlem Chamber of Commerce for details at: 212 - 862 - 7200.
16) Saturday, September 30th - AKA's Fashion Show/Fundraiser Gala. HG2 will be providing clothes for this event. Please call HG2 for showtime as event draws near. HG2 will be available for purchase.
17) Saturday & Sunday, October 7th & 8th - "Circle of Sisters Expo" will be presented by WBLS Radio at the Jacob Javits Center, 655 W. 34th St., NY. Her Game 2 Productions are the Fashion Show's coordinators.
18) Friday, October 27th - Stamford Center for the Arts' African American Cultural Series Fundraising Fashion Event. Produced by Her Game 2 Productions, this is a charity benefit with a VIP Reception and Silent Auction that starts at 6:30 pm. Fashion Show is at 8:00 pm. Sponsor is Stamford Hospital.
19) Saturday, October 28th - Stamford Center for the Arts' African American Cultural Series hosts its Educational workshops featuring a Master Chef teaching healthy cooking skills. This event is from 12 to 4 pm, and is an HG2 Production. Sponsor is Stamford Hospital.
Please keep in mind that this schedule is subject to change. So, if you plan to attend any of these events, please check with Her Game 2 as the dates draw near, at (203) 359-5705, or check with Robert Walker. He's Sales & Press Relations for Her Game 2.
Robert Walker can be reached at email@example.com
Learn more about Her Game 2 at http://www.hergame2.com
Brenda Jeanne Wyche, Advocating for Solutions and Results Â©2006, is Special Correspondent for The Black Star News and CEO of Winning Strategies & Associates, a public relations company in New York City. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To subscribe to or advertise in New Yorkâ€™s leading Pan African weekly investigative newspaper please call (212) 481-7745 or send a note to Milton@blackstarnews.com