Ten Obama Resolutions For The World
We donâ€™t believe humanity should squander this once in a lifetime opportunity so we propose that each and every one of us adopt their own Obama Resolutions â€“akin to New Yearâ€™s resolutionsâ€”going forward. Here are some suggestions.
[Black Star News Editorial]
Tomorrow is a new dawn in the history of humanity when Senator Barack Obama becomes president elect. He will be sworn in January 20, 2009 as president. Obama’s candidacy has brought out some of the best qualities in human nature and attracted support from all the races and religions in the United States and the admiration of various nationalities of the world. We don’t believe humanity should squander this once in a lifetime opportunity so we propose that each and every one of us adopt their own Obama Resolutions –akin to New Year’s resolutions—going forward. Here are some suggestions:
1. Thou Shall Not Hate Thy Fellow Woman And Man Because He or She is of Different Hue, Religion, Race, Nationality
2. Thou Shall Not Walk By Thy Fellow Woman And Man When He or She is Poverty Stricken
3. Thou Shall Abandon Yesterday's Philosophy Which Dictates That Not All Humans Are Created Equal and That Some Deserve More of Life's Bounties Than Others
4. Thou Shall Contribute Whatever You Can To Help Eradicate Diseases That Still Afflict Adversely Affect People In Other Parts of The World
5. Thou Shall Contribute Whatever You Can To Help Eradicate The Poverty And Illiteracy That Still Afflicts Adversely Affect People In Other Parts of The World
6. Thou Shall Abandon The Philosophy of Tyranny and Violence Which Dictates That Might Is Always Right
7. Thou Shall Reach out To At Least One Person of A Different Hue, Religion, Race, Nationality And Get to Know Her or Him Even if It Involves Traveling Abroad
8. Thou Shall Do Your Utmost Best To Make This World A Better Place Because That Is The Meaning of Life
9. Thou Shall Abandon All The Vices That You Always Wanted To Discard
10. Thou Shall Embrace The Better Person That You Have Become Henceforth And Never Go Backward
Allimadi writes for The Black Star News from London
To comment or to subscribe to or advertise in New York’s leading Pan Global weekly investigative newspaper, or to send us a news tip, please call (212) 481-7745 or send a note to Milton@blackstarnews.com
"Speaking Truth To Empower."
No Record Exist!!